French Vanilla Coffee Creamer Recipe

How do I make French vanilla coffee creamer?

By William

Best Answer

Everyone is in luck, I know how, have made my own for years now, and the recipe comes in two types, really easy and totally organic. However it helps to understand what the components really are. You simply cannot take cream and add vanilla to it and have French Vanilla creamer, this would simply be vanilla creamer. You have to know what "French" vanilla is. "French" vanilla is actually a custard base with fresh vanilla bean added for flavor. The custard base is simply milk, sugar, and eggs that you cook to get the flavor and most of all the thick creamy body.

As you guessed it, the very best recipe is also the very worst for your diet. The recipe ingredient amounts can be altered to your own tastes but it starts like this...

2 eggs, whole and very well beaten.

4 cups cold milk, (if you use skim milk and want a thicker creamy body add one extra egg or reduce the milk to 3 1/2 cups).

1/2 cup sugar.

2 fresh vanilla beans (more or less to taste, I think 2 is "very" vanilla), (slit the vanilla bean length wise and carefully scrap the insides of the bean out of the husk and throw the husk away keeping only the inside of the bean).

In a sauce pan, add the milk, sugar, vanilla and beaten eggs and whisk until well blended. Turn on the stove to low. Slowly stir the mixture constantly while heating (to prevent scalding, if you scald the mixture you cannot save it, dump it out and start over). The mixture is done when the mixture thickens, turn the heat off and continue to stir for 2 or 3 minutes to be sure. place the mixture in a clean jar and let cool 15 to 30 minutes then place in the fridge. Be sure to date it because it will only keep for a maximum of 10 days.

This second recipe is almost as good as the first but it is also far better than store bought creamer.

Pro's: It doesn't need to be cooked, takes about 10 minutes to make, it is super simple to make.

Con's: It isn't as good as the first but far better than bought, and you have to shake it before you use it. (not a big deal)

1 12 oz can of sweetened condensed milk.

3 cups cold milk (I use skim "no fat" and I love it.)

your choice of 2 or 3 vanilla beans (only the insides like in the other recipe above) or 1 Tbsp. good quality vanilla extract ( I use Watkins and it's great).

1 small pkg of instant vanilla pudding, (some stores will have a French Vanilla flavor and it tastes a bit better)

As per the pudding directions whisk the pudding and 2 cups of the milk until it starts to thicken.

Add the rest of the ingredients and the rest of the milk and whisk until smooth. (If you like a sweet creamer, taste it, because it will be a bit sweet anyway, you can add sugar to your tastes).

Makes almost two quarts and can be kept in the fridge for up to two weeks. I use this recipe most of the time and I think it is very very good.

Note: I kept a 64oz creamer bottle to keep my homemade creamer in and no one can tell it from the store bought creamer. Enjoy!

http://www.food  e-creamer-191026