Ideas for School Dance with a Moonlight Theme

I am part of the Eighth grade social committee and the eighth grade has voted on the theme and they have decided to have a Moonlight theme. if anyone has any ideas that we could use please post them. Those ideas will be greatly appreciated. Thank you! Courtney - Maine

Hi Courtney. Could you provide us with a little more to go on so we could know which direction to help you in. Like, for example, when is the dance taking place? Do you have a location? Is it an indoor or outdoor event? What sort of budget is there? Are there already school traditions involved that would need to be incorporated? Things of that nature. That way we could focus on being creative where you need it most. Let us know how we can help. Thanks.

When I was in High School we had a social with the theme "An Evening In Paris" It was beautiful. And didn't cost too much. We made our gym look like a street in Paris at night. We even had an Eiffel Tower. We had one of our parents make lamp posts and put ballons on top to make the bulbs. We also had cozy tables and chairs. The back ground was black paper with small stars on it. There was soft light everywhere and just a romatic feel to the evening. It was beautiful. We had lots of silver balloons too. It was very elegant. Hope this helps.

You can use a disco globe or solarium globe to achieve the starlit effect. A solarium globe is a globe or light source that projects the solar system on the ceiling/walls.

You can also make stars from cardboard/cardstock & cover with foil or spray paint.

I think the glow in the dark stars you find at the dollar star would make great ceiling and wall decorations. Maybe you could have a wishing well for people to toss coins into. You could donate the money to a good cause.

Courtney,

a suggestion;

put up those glow in the dark stars up or get

black paper and make a scene with glow in the dark paints in craft section at WalMart , I use the one

that is around the paint section from Disney a little

bottle goes a long way. I painted all my light\switches so I can find them in the dark.

That is just one idea.

You can buy gossamer at Stumps Prom. It comes in a variety of colors and patterns. It can easily be used to cover the ceiling and you can put white lights in it to make it shine. It is beautiful!

A cool "sky" idea! Hang strands of white Christmas lights across the ceiling. Then hangs lengths of dark gossamer beneath them (both close to the ceiling if possible). This will create a starlit effect!

you can put a disco ball and glowing things, glowing spray paint, but is the place going to be dark? p.s. r u courtney unger?

Yeah i am having a dance just like that but it is for 6th graders... i am going to take all the tips from everyone else and use them so thank u everyone and i hope u had a nice dance!!

we need tips on decorating are school for a arabian night theme

u can also do a Mardi Gras thing! it wuz a big hit with our school

At our school, we are doing the first ever year 11 formal.. Cause our yr 10 and 12 balls r huge.. this one is a budget price one.. where we dont buy expensive dresses.. do u like the idea of holywood glitz and glamour?

Hey,

I need HELP! We need to have a dance in December. Most of my friends want a formal dance like last year. Although, I would like to do something a little different. Something to make it interesting. Not B-O-R-I-N-G. It is hard to entertain teens now-a-days. So please give some creative, interesting ideas that are incorporated with formal wear. Thanks-a-bunches.

P.S. We have a very SMALL school, so we are on a low budget.

i really love this theme and i think it is very unique i need help on this one because there is lots of conflict going on like how would you dress for it and what is something we could do for door prizes that has to do with it i just can't think of what they would wear i know how to decorate it though so PLEASE give me some ideas i am in desparate need fast lol thank you

Help

the kids think it will be boring.

what to do

Hi there everyone, I have just been told that i have to organize a school ball in 7 weeks. I'm thinking of doing a night themed ball and calling it "Midnight Enchantments"

I am also struggling to come up with decoration ideas. Can someone please help me? Thanks, A friend in need

Ok. Well I'm the STUCO president and our last dance we did a night under the stars so...

We need a valentines theme but we cant think of nothing and the deadlines in 4-5 weeks and were out of idea HELP!

High School Dance
Dance Theme Ideas
Holidays and Parties Parties AdviceMarch 1, 2005
daddy daughter dance ideas
Planning a Daddy Daughter Dance
3 girls at a homecoming dance.
Homecoming Dance Ideas
Tween girl dancing against a white background
Middle School Dance Theme Ideas
How to Belly Dance, Beautiful Bealldancer
How to Belly Dance
🎉
🎄