Sales on Registered or Wanted Items

My husband and I registered at two stores. One of the items I really wanted was a toaster oven. My wedding was more than six months away when I noticed a sale ad that showed the $100 toaster oven was on sale for $39.99. I know this is against etiquette rules, but I immediately called my Mom and told her about the sale. She ran out and bought it then notified a family member that was going to be attending my bridal shower about the deal she got on the toaster oven and that person bought it from my Mom to give to me at the bridal shower.

After that, I then notified my Mom about any other sales I saw on the items listed on our registry and it saved my family members money. I also registered at a store that consistently mails out 20% off coupons.

I know my family was grateful for these discounts and I didn't mind that they were saving money on our gifts. In fact, I would've been upset if they had not taken advantage of the discounts! I want everyone to save money! So, now our family notifies each other of items that we would like for birthday, Christmas, etc. when it goes on sale before the event so that we can save money.

Thats not really to save them money, its so you end up getting more of the nicer things you want instead of only a few more expensive things. And yes it's against etiquette. If they want to save, they will look for deals and discounts on their own.. You can't just tell them what and when to get you gifts.

Weddings GiftsNovember 6, 2007
Two men Dressed as Storm Troopers
Making a Clone Trooper Costume
A woman taking a photo of a vase to post it on eBay.
eBay vs. Garage Sales
Beautiful woman with frizzy hair looking at her comb, with a pained expression
Remedies for Frizzy Hair
Various promotional items.
Removing Logos from Promotional Items
🎉
🎄