Recycled Cake Plate

This is my $2 fruit/cake plate that I made. However, the fruit is not usually scattered on the table, but I needed to show what it looked like without them, which by the way are fake.

I bought the dinner plate and the candle holder at my local Dollar Tree and simply turned the candle holder upside down and used epoxy (or any strong glue) to secure the plate on top since I couldn't find a fruit/cake stand to coordinate with my table setting.

Very easy and very inexpensive. This can be done for any other holiday, just use the appropriate type plates.

By Roseanna from North Masspequa, NY

That is so pretty! And something I had never even thought of. Thank you so much for sharing, and the fruit looks real!

"Vintage" Cake Platter made from a china plate and stemware.
Making Your Own Cake Stand
Crafts Home Decor KitchenAugust 18, 2009
Closeup of Gray Squirrel
Keeping Squirrels Out of Fruit Trees
Yellow cake with chocolate frosting.
Homemade Yellow Cake Recipes
Vanilla cake with filling and vanilla frosting.
Vanilla Cake Recipes
Wickker Paper Plate Holders
Using Paper Plate Holders