Order Direct From Local Florists

I worked at a florist for a year and learned that the 1-800 florists call local establishments to put through the orders they've received. The local florists are the middle man, only adding to the expense, or worse cutting back on the amount of flowers you get in an order.

I always search the internet for a florist in the town the flowers will be delivered to. You have to use a credit card anyway and you will get more for your money. I call the recipient and ask for an honest evaluation of the gift so I can decide whether I will use that business again, or not.

By Fran from Hamden, CT

Fran, you are so very right. I ordered flowers for my mother last Mother's Day with 1-800-florist # and when I called her she told me that the arrangement was the worst she had ever seen. After finding out how much I had spent on the arrangment she took it to the florist that had made it and demanded that they put in fresh flowers to replace the wilted ones and also to add more flowers. I suppose they thought that because it was an out-of-state order that they thought, "what the heck, she'll never know". Unfortunately for them, my mom used to work for a florist and knew what to expect for the price I had paid.

I agree! I had the same experience as Paula, and will never use 1-800-FLOWERS again! I always send a flower corsage for mother's day, and have been happy with the quality when I call a local florist myself. It is easy to do with the internet. My mother and MIL have both been pleased with their deliveries since I have started using local florists.

A woman arranging yellow flowers in a vase.
Saving Money on Flowers
Better Living Frugal Living TipsOctober 30, 2006
ING Direct Reviews
ING Direct Reviews
Homemade Chicken Nuggets
Chicken Nugget Recipes
Female florist standing in her shop.
Finding a Local Florist
Sowing seeds directly.
Direct Sowing Seeds
🎉
🎄