Reusing Racks and Bins from Refrigerators

Great re-use idea! A friend was discarding an expensive, but old refrigerator. I asked for the bins which I use to wash things outside, and I asked for the wire shelves.

I immediately used them to keep squirrels from digging up morning glory seedlings, which they do every year. The sun and water can get through until the vines are big enough to hold on for themselves. I used to tie on screening, but that was a pain. This is so easy!

By OhioGirl from Cleveland, OH

I have been doing this same thing for a few years now. It is a wonderful way to both recycle and keep plants safe.

I'm not sure if you could do this with refrigerator shelves, but we took old wire shelves from an oven that was no longer working and using concrete blocks, made an outdoor grill.

We stacked 4 large concrete blocks for each side of the grill, then we laid the metal shelves on top. To use the grill, we lay in charcoal or sticks, and we cover the shelves with aluminum foil so the food won't fall through the openings.

We live in a rural area, so I don't know if everyone could use this, but it works for our family.

I use an old oven rack when we go to the campground to cook over the firepit with. The one that is already there is gross.

Old Refrigerators
Uses for Racks and Bins from Old Refrigerators
Better Living Green Living ReusingAugust 20, 2008
Brownies overflowing on oven rack and bottom
Cleaning Oven Racks
Spice rack with magnetic canisters.
Other Uses for Spice Racks
Plastic Trash Bin
Uses for Plastic Trash Bins
Empty wood wine rack.
Uses for Wine Racks
🎉
🎄