Getting Fussy Eaters to Eat Fruit

Does someone in your house just refuse to eat fruit often enough to get the daily requirements like in mine? I used to purchase canned fruit that he would eat. Recently, I checked out the organic fruit juices and, now, by drinking the pure fruit juice with no preservatives, he gets at least the equivalent of three fruits a day. Each 8 oz glass of this organic fruit juice (no sugar, nothing unhealthy) is equal to eating one fruit. The concord grape brings me back to my childhood when we would pick the concord grapes off the vines and pop them into our mouths. They also have blueberry juice, but that one I shop at the health store. I've been purchasing all mine at my local Stop and Shop. They are more expensive than other brands, however, no more than the cost of good fresh fruit. There is also an antioxidant juice which is so necessary to help prevent cancer.

If you have a history of cancer in your family, it is a good idea to purchase probiotics at a health food store and take them daily. You do need to see a naturopathic doctor to determine the amount you need. All the female children of my mother's mother had cancers. My mother had 3 different cancers, and her mother and three sisters died directly from different cancers. One cousin on the maternal side had two cancers, one from which she passed. So, my naturopath doctor has me taking a 10 Billion dose a day. Yes, 10 Billion. Did you know that some municipalities water treatment plants use probiotics to clean out the sludge from their facilities. I spoke personally with one such person who was a supervisor at such a plant and he told me that probiotics do a terrific job, and only increase with the years, and continue to do their thing quite effectively.

By Joan from Seymour, CT

Fruits and Vegetables
Getting Your Family to Eat More Fruits and Vegetables
Food and Recipes Food Tips FruitJune 22, 2006
Closeup of a gopher.
Getting Rid of Gophers
Teething Baby
Baby Teething Tips
Slice of cantaloupe with other cantaloupes in the background.
Peeling and Slicing Melon
Picky Eater Boy
Parenting a Picky Eater