Set Up Webcam for a Virtual Birthday Party

Our grandchildren live out of state and we couldn't be there for our Grandson's 5th birthday, so we sent all the party favors and money for food and presents. They set up their web-cam and we set up ours and we watched the whole thing! LOL! It was just like being there, two thousand miles away! We could hear all the goings on and talk with them too! It's the neatest thing ever.

The nicest thing of all was singing Happy Birthday to him, and seeing him and our children and our only granddaughter too! I would tell anyone to try this, it's the best!! And free, other then the cost of the web cam

(under $50) and the internet of course! :) Oh and, they could see us too on their computer screen! So fun when they walked up and kissed the camera and said "Thank You Gramma and Grampa!". :)

By Ariela from Jax, FL

My parents also live out of state. They recent came into the twentith century adn got high speed internet. My Mom is not very computer savy when it comes to chatting online, and stuff like that, but I was able to convince her, whic wasn't that difficult when she found out about webcams, into putting Yahoo Msgr on her computer. Now we talk all the time, daily almost, and they get to see their grandkids. They absolutely are thrilled with that. Anyways, since they have a webcam now, we have been talking about doing the same thing for our kids birthdays and even Christmas. They may not be able to be there in person, but atleast they can see the kids faces. It is a great idea when you have family living out of state.

I am from South Africa and with parents still living there they were able to part of our son's 4th Birthday party this last week! It was so amazing for them to be "here" via the internet. Sharing in all the excitement a Birthday party brings! We had the party at a time that was convenient with both timezones since they are 9 hours ahead! I love technology!

Yes I agree we do this but we live in London UK and my son and his family live in Suisun City, California, so it is vital that we have the video link there is also a 8 hour time difference to deal with.

I love the idea because my daughter lives in Worcester, in the United Kingdom. I love technology and will do it in the near future. Thanks. Dorothy

5th Birthday
5th Birthday Party Ideas
Holidays and Parties Parties BirthdayJune 9, 2008
Items for sale at a yard sale.
Using Virtual Yard Sales
Bicycle Themed Birthday Party
Bicycle Themed Birthday Party Ideas
Decorate Cupcakes
Decorate Cupcakes at a Birthday Party
12th Birthday Party
12th Birthday Party Ideas for Boys
🎉
🎄