Length of a Wedding Slideshow

How long should a wedding reception slideshow last?

Rocky from Alvarado, TX

We did a slide show for the guests while we took wedding photos. If you want to use it to entertain your guests while you take pictures, ask the photographer how long it should take. Our slide show was the length of 4-5 songs, so about 15-20 minutes long. They enjoyed it so much they asked to see it again! Good luck and congratulation!

It depends on when and where you are doing your slideshow. If it is AFTER the wedding day, then I'd limit it to not more than 10 minutes. If it is to be shown ON the wedding day, I'd let the slideshow continue throughout the reception. I went to a 40th Wedding Anniversary party and they just let it run throughout the cocktail hours. That was fantastic. People can stand and watch or mill around and visit as they wish.

Best regards,

I love the idea as a background thing, people can look and oohhhh and ahhhh then go back to whoever they were talking to, it can run on a continous loop.

But I have been to some weddings where they make you sit through the whole dang thing - even 10 minutes is too long. Its all cute and fun for you and maybe your mom and your bestfriend, and thats pretty much it. It really is boring to everyone else. :) Sorry just my two cents, I have been that bride who thought it was the best idea ever....AND I have been the guest who couldn't help but yawn and wait for the food. ;)

Weddings AdviceDecember 30, 2008
Plant wedding favors.
Giving Plants as Wedding Favors
A married couple in a moutain setting.
Ideas for a "Green" Wedding
Two tiered wedding cake with flowers on top.
Saving Money on a Wedding Cake
Colorful Bridal Bouquets
Choosing Wedding Colors
🎉
🎄