Blueberry Chicken Salad

• 2 cups fresh blueberries
  • 2 cups cubed cooked chicken breast
  • 3/4 cup chopped celery
  • 1/2 cup diced sweet red pepper
  • Ad
  • 1/2 cup thinly sliced green onions
  • 1 carton lemon yogurt
  • 3 Tbsp. mayonnaise
  • 1/2 tsp. salt
  • lettuce leaves, opt.

Set aside a few blueberries for garnish. In a large bowl, gently combine the chicken, celery, red pepper, onions and remaining blueberries. Combine the yogurt, mayonnaise and salt; drizzle over chicken mixture and gently toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes. Serve on lettuce lined plates, if desired. Top with reserved blueberries.

By Robin from Washington, IA

This sounds wonderful.. I just picked 20 lbs last night at the patch. I will make some jelly and freeze some too. But I cant wait to make this. it sounds so fresh..

Sounds like a nice recipe to take to Nova Scotia "Farewell" that I am going to this weekend. How much is in "Your Carton of Yogurt". Is that a cup or 2 cups.....I'm from Canada and they seem to only sell in 500 ml plastic Container or 2 cups....please let me know soon as I am making in a couple of days.....thanx. Terry from Nova Scotia

Terry Hawkes, I'm sure it's too late for your trip to Nova Scotia, & this is not my recipe either! BUT my understanding of a "carton" of yogurt in the US is 8 oz. or one cup. Did you make it anyway? I too think it sounds like a good recipe.

Food and Recipes Recipes Salads ChickenJuly 11, 2007
Blueberry Pie
Blueberry Pie Recipes
Blueberry Pudding
Blueberry Pudding Recipes
Blueberry Cobbler
Blueberry Cobbler Recipes
Cute Little Girl in Chicken Costume
Making a Chicken Costume