Beach Glass Game

Today I went to the beach on Lake Erie looking for sea glass (beach glass), my first time. I had fun all by myself but thought of something fun to do with a friend.

Divide the beach in half approximately. One start at one end, and the other person start at the other end, and set a time limit. Each start and walk towards the other one looking for beach glass as you go.

When the time is up or you meet in the middle lay out your pieces and compare them. Before hand you should decide on 2 or 3 categories to judge them by, such as: best color, most unique shape and largest in size. Whoever wins 2 out of 3 categories is the winner.

By Little Suzy from Ohio

My Mom used to call beach glass "Mermaid's Tears" and our family has used that ever since. It makes it more mysterious.

Cute idea and would be fun to share with a friend :-)

I collect sea glass here in the UK and I'm always trying to think of things to do with it. A local lady wraps it with silver wire to make necklaces, another makes greetings cards and I have stuck mine to jam jars with a hot melt glue gun and put a tea light in it. I love looking for glass on the beach it's addictive.

A pile of rounded beach glass.
Crafts Using Beach Glass
Parenting Summer FunJuly 7, 2009
Star shaped glass candle holder.
Cleaning Candle Wax from Glass
Woman in Green Shirt Cleaning Glass with Squeege
Cleaning Sliding Glass Doors
Gluing Glass to Glass
Gluing Glass to Glass
wood and rope ring toss game
Ring Toss Game Ideas
🎉
🎄