Removing Pen Ink from Vinyl

My pink vinyl bag got ink on it. How do I clean it? I just got it.

Joan

To celebrate the new year we are giving away $200 in Amazon gift cards for people who answer questions on ThriftyFun in January! Click here to find out more...

Best Answer

Have you tried hairspray? You might want to spray a bit on an inconspicuous spot first to be sure it doesn't bother the vinyl.

Best Answer

I just used the hairspray method to get ink off my vinyl handbag. Here's how I did it. I sprayed the hairspray on one of the cotton pads I use to take makeup off with. Then I LIGHTLY dabbed at the stain with the saturated pad. Obviously, we want to lift the stain and not the finish of the bag. I feel this method gave me more control than spraying the hairspray directly on the vinyl. Took me less than five minutes to lift the stain this way. Then I wiped the bag with a wet paper towel to get the sticky hairspray off it. Done! Good luck with your pink bag!

Try spraying with hairspray and rubbing with a Kleenex.

April 4, 2011 Flag

How do I remove ball point pen ink from white vinyl?

By Maggie

Answers:

Removing Pen Ink from Vinyl

Try either Dawn or WD-40. (06/29/2010)

By keeper60

Removing Pen Ink from Vinyl

We always use hairspray on ink on clothing. I suppose it's the alcohol that removes it. (06/29/2010)

By nightrain71

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
Vinyl Couches
Removing Ink on Vinyl
Home and Garden Cleaning AdviceApril 4, 2011
A Sharpie marker with its lid off.
Removing Permanent Ink (Sharpie) from a CD or DVD
Ballpoint Pen
Removing Pen Ink from Walls
An ink pen in a blue leather purse.
Removing Ink from Leather
🍀
💘
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on January 19, 2017 at 10:20:43 AM on 10.0.1.44 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.