Removing Dye from Wedding Shoes

I bought a pair of Vera Wang shoes to wear in a friends wedding a couple of years ago. I had them dyed to match my dress but would like to wear them to my own wedding this year. They are the MOST comfortable shoes and I can't find the style anywhere. How can the color be safely removed? Is it possible to get them close to white or off white?

Ania from Saratoga, NY

The only thing you can do is try to spray the shoes with white shoe dye (or you might try using white acrylic sneaker shoe polish) - I did once see a pattern for COVERING shoes with fabric - & if you can find something like that - you could cover them with white lacy fabric.

Ania, it depends on the current color of your shoes. check out this website for more info:

The site says that if your shoes are a light to medium color then they can probably be redyed, but, if the color is black then you probably wont be able to remove all of the dye. it also gives a solution you can make at home to remove the dye yourself. Good luck!

You can change the color of your dyed shoes as long as they are not black. I added a link below so you can read for yourself. If the shoes are light to medium in color, you can make a bleach solution and do it yourself. Just read the link and it will give you the correct measurements to use. Good luck

Pink wedding shoes.
Dyeing Wedding Shoes
Consumer Advice Clothing AdviceJanuary 24, 2008
Dirty tennis shoes.
Cleaning Tennis Shoes
Man Repairing a Shoe
Repairing Shoes
Colorful Bridal Bouquets
Choosing Wedding Colors
Sink with hair dye stains
Removing Hair Dye from a Bathroom Sink
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on October 16, 2016 at 7:13:55 PM on in 905 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.