Baby Back Ribs

Ingredients

• 1 Tbsp. ground cumin
  • 1 Tbsp. chili powder
  • 1 Tbsp. paprika
  • salt and pepper, to taste
  • 3 lbs. baby back pork ribs
  • 1 cup barbecue sauce

Directions

Preheat grill for high heat.

In a small jar, combine cumin, chili powder, paprika, salt, and pepper. Close the lid and shake to mix.

Trim the membrane sheath from the back of each rack of ribs. Run a small, sharp knife between the membrane of each rib and snip off the membrane as much as possible. Sprinkle as much of the rub onto both sides of the ribs as desired. To prevent the ribs from becoming too dark and spicy, do not thoroughly rub the spices into the ribs. Store the unused portion of the spice mix for future use.

Place aluminum foil on lower rack to capture drippings and prevent flare-ups. Lightly oil grate, and lay ribs on top rack of grill. Reduce heat to low, close lid, and leave undisturbed for 1 hour. Do not lift lid at all.

Brush ribs with barbecue sauce, and grill an additional 5 minutes. Serve ribs as whole rack or cut between each rib bone and pile individually on a platter.

Calories: 441

Servings: 6
Time:20 Minutes Preparation Time
60-65 Minutes Cooking Time

Source: Allrecipes

By LRP from LWL, MA

An easy way to remove the membrane from the back of a rib rack is to get it started using a paring knife, then grab with a paper towel and rip it off the whole slab.

June 14, 2010 Flag

Is anyone willing to share their recipe and technique for making baby back ribs? I have had no luck with them. Thank you!

By pamsfriskd from Wichita, KS

Answers:

Baby Back Ribs Recipe

Salt, pepper and garlic powder both sides, rub with a little red wine vinegar. Put in baking pan, cover with foil. Bake 350 degrees F for 1 hour. Uncover, pour over your favorite BBQ sauce, Re-cover and bake for 30 minutes. Fall off the bones YUM (06/17/2009)

By joanie47

Baby Back Ribs Recipe

We've been doing them this way for ages and it's so simple: pour over your favorite BBQ sauce and bake at 250 degrees F (not a misprint, very low oven) uncovered for 3 1/2- 4 hours ( until meat thermometer shows 160 degrees F).

They fall apart and taste great! (06/17/2009)

By PupperMom

Baby Back Ribs Recipe

The secret is in the slow temp and long baking time :-) Google 'Fall Off The Bone Baby Back Rib Recipes' and you will find oodles of techniques, rubs and sauces :-) (06/17/2009)

By Deeli

Baby Back Ribs Recipe

When I do babyback ribs, regular beef or pork ribs, or even chicken, brisket, or pork loin, I use my smoker/grill. It has a firebox on the side, adjustments for air intake and heat and a thermometer. You've seen the kind--looks like a black, round metal barrel with a smoke stack and separate firebox on the side. I always use hickory wood. In the firebox of my smoker I will burn 6 or 7 split pieces of hickory wood (sometimes more) until I have a good coal stand of about 5 or 6 inches (will take an hour or so to burn and add until you get about the right amount). Usually I add more, smaller pieces of hickory wood while the meat is smoking for that added smoky flavor. After or while making the coals, wash and trim the meat well.

You can season it and allow it to marinate in the seasoning for a little while if you want to, or use a rub, but I never use any seasoning on my meats--not even salt--because the hickory wood does the seasoning for you. Also remember that salt will toughen the meat. Once the meat is in the smoker, close the lid and watch the temperature gauge. You want the temperature to be at about 260 degrees F. If it doesn't get there in a reasonable amount of time, adjust the air to the firebox so the coals will get hotter. Or if it is too hot, adjust the air on smokestack. Do the adjusting just a little bit at a time--say 1/2 inch or less at a time. Using this method you don't even have to turn the meat over. It's been so long since I did baby back ribs (expensive) that I don't remember exactly how long to smoke them before they are done--but a full rack of ribs usually takes a couple of hours, give or take.

Anyway, usually the meat is done when the meat has shrunk away from the end of the rib a little. You can also test it by poking a thick part with a meat fork and then pressing near the punctures. If the juice runs out clear then your meat is done. The safest way to check for doneness though, is to use a meat thermometer. Poke it in the thickest part of the meat near the bone and if it reads 160 degrees F then it is done.

Also, after ribs are about 3/4 done, you can brush on your favorite bar-b-que sauce, but I've found that sometimes even this will make the meat tough. Anymore, I just offer bar-b-que sauce at the table because some of my family prefer just the taste of the smoked meat. Also, when there is a big meat sale, I buy and smoke meat to my heart's content. I freeze a lot of it to reheat (wrap well in heavy-duty aluminum foil) and use during the long and windy Oklahoma winter or on days that I'm just not up to cooking supper. Hope this helps! (06/23/2009)

By Juanita S.

A rack of baby back ribs on the grill.
Baby Back Ribs Recipes
Food and Recipes Recipes Meats RibsJune 14, 2010
Barbecued Spare Ribs
Barbecued Spare Ribs Recipes
Mini ribs in a ceramic dish.
Microwave Ribs Recipes
Spare Ribs
Cooking Spare Ribs
Barbecue Ribs
Barbecue Ribs Recipes
🎉
🎄