Looking For Information On Convection Ovens

I would appreciate some info on convection ovens. If possible could someone send in a picture of one because I have no idea what they look like. I would like to find out the size and the approximate price. I am sure there is a range of prices. Also, could you tell me what you like or dislike about them.

I am handicapped and because of the layout of my apartment, it is hard to get to my oven or to even use the top burners. I have to stand up to use stove and that is not always possible, so I was wondering if a convection oven would be easier to use.

Linda from Bloomington

I have a combination toaster/convection oven and I like it. It cooks with a little lower heat in a little less time. Just check with Consumer Report to see which ones are highly rated to buy. I don't know where the one I have is rated, so I hesitate to recommend it without knowing.

It looks like a microwave oven but a little larger. One of the nicer things about it is that it doesn't heat up the whole room like the regular oven, so it's very nice to use in the warmer weather.

I have a really great counter-top convection oven ("Perfect Aire") I got at a yard sale for a dollar, brand new practically. Who would think it'd be so great? I have a large family and regular oven, but use it often for baked potatoes, etc. Also a spare "crockpot" for keeping things warm at potlucks, etc. Stew pot, etc. Looks a littlelike, but is larger than, a crockpot, has smaller footprint than an microwave, for example.

Seems in a small apt where you can't stand much, it could set on a table top or wheever you want to be to prepare your meal sitting down, then either move the convection oven to the kitchen countertop, or just plug it in and let it cook on the table top!

Far more versatile than just for baking, can do soups, stews, etc. Lots of uses. Add a rice cooker (set and forget) and you might be good to go! Google "Perfect Aire" and you may find something. Oh yea....not only does it not waste the "big" oven for half a dozen (or more) baked potatoes, Convection ovens really do cook faster, at least by 10% or more. (not scientific, just off the top of my head.

You get get a convection in about any size. I have a combination convection and micro wave. It looks just like a microwave, even though I have mine mounted above my stove but you could get one for just your counter top. The only thing you have to remember when cooking in the convection is to take off 25 degrees. If you were making a cake that you would bake at 350 degree then in a convection you put the temp at 325. I love mine. The house is cooler than using the oven or if baking cookies, I can use both ovens. It browns and cooks like your oven and meats are moist. Hope this helps.

I have owned a Farberware convection oven for several years, I wouldn't have anything else. I moved into a new home 8 years ago and have turned my "big" oven on twice, that was to cook a large turkey at Christmas. The convection ovens are much more economical to use, I don't understand why more people don't have them. I would NEVER own anything but a convection!

I've found one I'd like to get to replace my

microwave and toaster oven, which would save

me space in my kitchen too. It does individual

or multi functions and is the stainless steel

inside and out. I am saving up to get it...

Here is a link from WalMarts...so you can see what

they look like.The one I want is not listed here but

it is in stock at 2 of our local stores...

http://www.walmart.com/search/searc ... ch_query=convection+oven&ic=48_0

Consumer Advice Product Reviews KitchenMay 5, 2008
Convection Oven in New Kitchen
Convection Oven Tips and Recipes
Unseasoned Dutch Oven
Seasoning a Dutch Oven
Turbo Oven
Using a Turbo Oven
🎄
🍂