Barefoot Friendly Landscape Material

I'm looking for barefoot friendly landscape material for the landing at bottom of my deck steps. I live in the country and love to go barefoot. The landing at my steps have gotten worn down and is now muddy. I have pavers at the other steps but would like something less contained at these. Thanks for all suggestions.

By suem1009 from Scottsville, VA

Cedar shavings. They smell great/deter bugs of any kind and if fine enough shavings will feel fine and absorb well too after wet from sun not to mention pretty red color. You can buy them in bags full at walmart/lowes etc sold in the pet section or if you have cedar wood and a chipper make your own. I also like the very tiny mountain pebble stones. High to buy per bag but if you have a local rock quarry near you as we do you can have them to deliver a truck load, or go get a haul yourself. We get a truck bed full for less than $60 and does all our landscape places.

I also prefer going barefoot, and I have "pea gravel" at the bottom of my steps. These stones are inexpensive, small and round and easy to walk on. They also provide good drainage. I'm pretty sure they are sold in bags in the garden dept. at Lowes and Wal-mart.

I think sand would be really comfortable on your toes too!

I like the green astroturf you can buy at the garden section of walmart!

Barefoot Friendly Landscape Material
Barefoot Friendly Landscape Material
Home and Garden Gardening LandscapingJune 17, 2009
A young girl playing with a toy train.
Tips for Choosing Eco-Friendly Toys
Two girls eating pizza.
Kid Friendly Recipes
Environmentally Friendly Packaging Material, A box filled with packing peanuts.
Environmentally Friendly Packaging Material
dry heel on foot
Home Remedies for Dry or Cracked Feet
🎉
🎄