Painting Non-Laminate Countertop

I have a yellow countertop in my bathroom that I don't like and I was planning to paint it. However, it's not a laminate countertop but a solid-surface (resin-acrylic or modified polyester) instead. Can I still paint it? Should I follow the same steps and use the same materials as if it were laminate? Thanks!

the inset sink

You can paint them. Mine were a cultured marble type with sink inset. I lightly sanded them, primed it, sprayed it with a stone spray and plastic enamel white spray from Walmart, then I enviro-tek the whole thing, THey turned out beautifully. heres the pics

With the Stone Spray no Enviro

The end result

and thats it, fully enviro

Can someone tell me was Enviro-tek is, I have searched all over and can find nothing on it. Thank you.

slykchyk, the name of the product is EnviroTex Lite. It seems to be a clear gloss finish that does the same than polyurethane but with only one coat. I had the same question until I found their webpage:

http://www.eti-usa.com/consum/envtex/envlite.htm

Nebster, Thanks a lot for the info and pictures. You did a great job!!! I'm planning to do my bathroom countertop but I have only one bathroom and I'm worried about the time it's going to take me (I won't be able to use the sink at all! and I have no other sink at home). My countertop has a similar size than yours. How long it took you from the beggining until you were able to use the sink again?

Thanks!!!

Home and Garden Home Improvement BathroomNovember 12, 2008
Kitchen Countertop
Kitchen Countertop Color Advice
Gorilla Glue
Removing Gorilla Glue from a Countertop
painted formica countertops
Painting a Formica Countertop
Buying a Marble Countertop
Buying a Marble Countertop
🎄