Adopting Pets

My husband and I have been asked to take other people's dogs as our own. It is an honor and for some reason we never have more than three at a time. Age doesn't matter and we are just about up to our three again. Some are in good shape and some need TLC. We have 1/2 acre fenced in the back area and they can play to their heart's content when they are not in playing with us.

By Bev

Bev, I could not agree more. All of my dogs have been either been seized by the humane society or tossed away like trash by their owners, I've adopted an 8 year and a 10 1/2 year old ... they make the BEST pets imaginable.

Keep up the good work!

Northern Virginia

You guys are awesome. i'm a rescuer too & all of mine were strays or abused. They are my babies & my life.

You guys are all terrific. Rescuing is such a great way to find homes for some of the thousands of homeless animals, often abused/ neglected by others. I also am a rescuer. One of my two longhaired dachshunds is a 5 yr. old rescue with seizures. He's such a wonderful addition to my family. There are lots of breed-specific rescue sites. The one I used was .

Woman with Adopted Dog
Adopting a Pet
Pets AdoptingSeptember 28, 2005
Golden Retriever on Black Background
Adopting an Adult Dog
Cat in a cage at the Humane Society.
Adopting a Cat
Husband and Wife holding a baby
Adopting a Child
African baby in a t-shirt.
Adopting a Child from a Foreign Country