1. If you use tights, cut off the stocking at the knee and fill with fiberfill. If you use a tube sock, simply fill the sock with fiberfill.
2. Tie a knot in the end.
3. Make the rings of the caterpillar by tying it with yarn, Make a very small one on the toe end of the sock/tights for the nose.
4. Cut out the eyes for the caterpillar from pieces of black and white felt. You may also want to cut out dots for your caterpillar.
5. Glue the eyes on the face. If you made spots, glue them on, too.
6. Cut your pipe cleaner in half and form it into a U shape
7. Using the hot glue gun, glue the pipe cleaner on the caterpillar's head to be his antennae.
The only thing left to do is to name your new creepy crawly friend!
Additional Ideas: You can use the entire leg of a pair of tights to make an even longer caterpillar! You can also use contrasting yarn to make your caterpillar more colorful.
© 2005 ThriftyFun
About The Author: Teri Clark's interest in the new and different has led to a successful online writing career collaborating on nearly 100 books and hundreds of articles as an editor, researcher, ghostwriter and author. The North Carolina resident, along with her husband, homeschools their four children. Learn more at http://ghost-writer.blogspot.com
Read feedback for this post below. Click here to post feedback.
If you used a leotard leg & filled it with rice He'd make an adorable draft stopper for the door. Cute idea Thank you for sharing it with us!
Add your voice to the conversation.