Growing Stargazer Lilies in Pots

I planted stargazer lilies in pots for the first time last spring/summer. They did not do much. I always move all my pots into my semi-heated attached garage for winter and the stargazers are beginning to come up. They are very leggy and spindly, at least 12 inches tall. Do I let them grow and move them outside when it gets warmer or can I cut them back to get fuller growth?

By Tarann from Greenville, OH

Do they grow from a bulb or root system? I think if you cut it off, plant outside when temps are warm, it'll grow and be fine.

Search for "how to grow stargazer lilies in pots"lot of info there,good luck.

It sounds like you watered your lilies too much to start with. If you cut them off you won't have blooms this year but if you stop watering them and let the top die then take it off you will have better luck. The legginess is because they didn't have enough light when they started to grow.

Lilies
Growing Lilies in Pots
Home and Garden Gardening BulbsApril 10, 2009
Growing Cannas
Growing Canna Lilies
Growing Lilies
Growing Lilies
Stargazer Lilies
Growing Stargazer Lilies
Photo of stars in the sky.
Stargazer Party Ideas
🎉
🎄