'70s Themed Homecoming

I'm a student council member at my school and we have chosen the '70s as a theme for our homecoming. I am in charge of finding ideas for things for us to do while at the dinner, entertainment and so on for all of us (who will be dressed formally). We have a low budget though, and a somewhat tough crowd. I would appreciate any ideas. Thank you!

Elizabeth

Ok here are some ideas:

Decorate tables with old 45 or LP records, I am sure that you can get these from teachers or parents as we all grew up with them!

Many of your friends probably have lava lamps or sparkle lamps, ask if you can borrow them, and put them around the room for a groovy look.

Get large pieces of yellow poster board and make big smiley faces to hang from the ceiling.

Make big daisy looking flowers from construction paper to use for decorating.

Peace signs, funky sunglasses, stringed beads (I think you can buy these on a roll at the craft store pretty cheap) all will work for decorations.

Go to www.orientaltrading.com for ideas as well, this is a company that sells party supplies and they also give a lot of neat ideas for parties. Click on themes for retro party ideas!

Hope you have a fun and safe homecoming, let us know how it went and pictures would be super neat!

Don't forget a disco ball!

Check out this site it has a lot you need to know about the 70's the fads the top music etc.. You will come up with some great ideas. I also tried just typing in 70's into Google you will find a lot more info there. Try checking these out http://www.inthe70s.com/index.shtml

http://www.stuckinthe70s.com/

3 girls at a homecoming dance.
Homecoming Dance Ideas
Holidays and Parties Parties School HomecomingAugust 28, 2005
A girl wearing a homecoming dress.
Saying Yes to a Homecoming Dance Invitation
Three girls dressed up at a homecoming dance.
Homecoming Hairstyle and Makeup Ideas
Homecoming Decorations
Homecoming Decoration Ideas
A group of teens at a homecoming dance.
Homecoming Dance Decoration Ideas
🎉
🎄