Moles Tearing Up My Yard

We are having some serious issues with ground moles and the many tunnels they keep digging in our yard. Our next door neighbor keeps throwing bread out in her yard. Can someone tell me if moles also feast on bread? She will not stop doing this. We also have a problem with ground squirrels and the many holes they too dig. This is getting out of control. Thanks in advance for your feedback.

By Sandy from IL

Best Answer

I don't think moles eat bread. They eat insects and are especially fond of grubs. If you can find a biodegradable organic insecticide (I think there are such things) spray the yard. With no food, the moles will leave. If insects are eating the bread then the moles might just move next door.

I agree with Ann - you need to get rid of the grubs. It worked in my yard. I don't remember the name of the insecticide that I used, but it was in granular form.

Get a cat. They love all those small rodent types.

Mole Digging Out of Hole into Open Air
Getting Rid of Moles in Your Yard
Home and Garden Pest Control Moles and GophersDecember 2, 2009
Removing Bacon in One Piece
Removing Bacon in One Piece
Mole coming out of a mole hole.
Organic Mole Repellents
Shower Curtain
Reinforcing Shower Curtains
A beautiful yard.
Solutions for a Sour Smelling Yard