Vacation Bible School had a sea theme this year, so I came up with this craft for preschoolers. You will have to have someone pre-cut these for the kids.
Approximate Time: 10 minutes for the kids.
- red paper plates
- medium-sized wiggle eyes
- thinned glue
- Find a simple crab pattern or freehand one. Cut out and trace around it near the bottom of the plate.
- Cut around the crab and up around the top of the plate on the inside, taking care not to cut the hat band part too narrow, or the hat will be too big. Refer to the flat project photo. You can also trim the inside of the "pinchers" with pinking shears.
- Thin white school glue with water. Let the kids paint the crab on the the red side.
- Let them add the eyes and sprinkle with glitter.
- When dry, try them on, bend the bottom of the crab so it stands up. You may have to trim the head band part if the hat is too small.
Sure to make the crabbiest person smile!
By Cindy from Waynesburg, PA
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!
In This Article
You are viewing the desktop version of this page: View Mobile Site
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by ThriftyFun
generated on December 2, 2016 at 6:40:29 PM on 10.0.2.82 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer
. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us