Christmas Decorations as Gifts for Young Adults

I have some nieces and nephews that are young adults and starting out in their apartments for their 1st Christmas celebration. Being limited with money they don't have a lot to spend on decorations.

Seeing that over the years I have accumulated an overabundance of decorations I will this year give them a box of my decorations. Some of them can't be purchased anymore as they no longer make them. And the quality is outstanding. Sharing them with my loved ones is my way of saying "I love you".

By Joesgirl

A wonderful idea! My mom is doing this for the nieces and my daughter who are all about 20 years old and in their first apartments.

Excellent idea Joesgirl.

When my 4 children were born, (the last one over 38 years ago), we started buying or making an ornament a year for them. By the time they were ready to have a home of their own, they had a box of their very own ornaments collected over their entire lives.

Some I bought or made for them before they were old enough to either help or do it themselves, but it was another one of our family traditions that we've shared with many families and now, they too are doing the same thing.

You'd think that the children would forget which ornaments were theirs, but they most certainly do not forget. I forgot though, and when it came time to take down the decorations after New Years, each one was at least partially responsible for packing the box or boxes that held their special ornaments.

Those ornaments are very precious to my children now, and they are still enjoying them, and telling others about them when they decorate their trees every year.

They have continued to add an ornament a year to their own collections and do the same for their children and grandchildren.

Our 3 daughters have ornaments that are over 50 years old now, and it's amazing how the styles have changed, and all the new things that are available that were not even thought about 50 years ago.

I love tradition...and thankfully, my love for it was passed to every one of my 4 children.

Thank you for sharing your wonderful idea.

Pookarina

A teen girl holding a gift.
Christmas Gift Ideas for Teens
Holidays and Parties Christmas Gifts AdviceDecember 18, 2004
Gifts That Cost Nothing
Homemade Christmas Gifts for Children and Teens
Boy Dressed as Christmas Elf
Making a Christmas Elf Costume
Teenage boy holding rapped Christmas present in front of decorated tree
Frugal Christmas Gifts for Teens
preparing gingerbread cookies as a gift
Homemade Christmas Presents for Adults
🎉
🎄