Bring Back Thrift Week!

ThriftyFun is a proud supporter of bringing back National Thrift Week.

"Do you remember National Thrift Week?

If you're like many Americans, the answer very well might be no. The unfortunate truth is that it seems that some Americans can't even remember the concept of thrift itself! It's time for a change - it's time to bring back National Thrift Week! Up until 1966, it was a coast-to-coast celebration of American ideals like diligence, hard work, responsible consumerism, and smart saving. These concepts are the keys to long term prosperity, and if we collectively embrace them once more, we may be able to right our floundering economy."

Learn more about Nation Thrifty Week here:

National Thrifty Week is next week. Do you have memories or comments about National Thrifty Week? Post them below.

Love this! Not to mention the period graphics! Have myself been trying to articulate this whole ethos which I was exposed to growing up in the 50's and which was passed on by my mother and grandmother. What happened to having little savings accounts? When did everything go so screwy? I am no paragon of thrift, but I have managed my resources fairly well, all things considered...And I did read Franklin's Autobiography a long time ago - maybe it's time to go back to it. There is a reason we revere those old American heroes.

That was just a bit before my time, but I love the idea. They should bring this back, especially in these tough economic times. Maybe people would make more out of what they have. One of the reasons that times are as tough right now as they are for most people is that people have learned to depend on excess instead of living with sufficent.

I wrote both senators and my local congresswoman. I think this is a wonderful idea!

Better Living Frugal Living AdviceJanuary 16, 2009
A woman with long hair.
Growing Hair Faster
Woman Weighing Herself
Losing 5 Pounds in a Week
Thrift Store Clothes
Thrift Store Shopping Tips
Photo of a lady yelling at a driver.
Avoiding Road Rage
🎄