Attach Spare Buttons to Cardboard

Here is a tip I hope that everyone can use. Whenever you buy new clothing, you will almost, always get a extra button in case you lose one.

Well, I was always losing the extra button, until I came up with this idea. I take the extra button and sew it on to a card or a piece of cardboard. That way I still have the button and I can match it up the garment with the missing button.

For extra added insurance, you write a little note to remind yourself where the button belongs (just in case you have two or more of the same buttons).

By Georgetta from Waterloo, IA

Why don't you sew it to the garment in an inconspicuous place and forget the card?

Susan in Omaha

I sew mine to the inside side seams.

Consumer Advice Clothing TipsOctober 6, 2008
Making Cardboard Box Playhouses
Making Cardboard Box Playhouses
Cardboard Christmas tree photo from an earlier Thriftyfun project.
Making a Cardboard Christmas Tree
Reusing Cardboard, Stack of Corrugated Cardboard
Reusing Cardboard
Robot Costume made with cardboard boxes
Costume Ideas Using a Cardboard Box