Cheap Table Clothes For Wedding Reception

By AKIYIA 2 1

What can I use to make cheap tablecloths for the banquet tables for my wedding reception. Because renting them is kind of high and we are on a budget!

AKIYIA

Showing: Answers Sort

By mcw 80 1,752 Flag

Contact some food buying clubs such as Sam's Club or Costco. I know you can purchase a box of plastic sheeting which comes on a roll. Restaurants buy industrial sized rolls of plastic wrap, aluminum foil, and plastic table cloths. You use it once, then throw it away.

That would be cheaper for you then to make your own table cloths.

Marge from NY

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By joan pecsek 88 545 Flag

Party supply stores like Party City and Occasions have pretty but inexpensive tablecloths, paper plates, etc.... Also inexpensive serving pieces. Here's another idea: ask your friends if you can borrow things. That's what one of my friends did. We even picked flowers from the roadside to decorate the tables. Needless to say nothing matched but everyone thought it was charming. This was 35 years ago and my friend is now a millionaire many times over but she still thinks her "mismatched" wedding was the most beautiful ever and so does everyone else who was there -- because it was full of her friends' love.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By mcw 80 1,752 Flag

On second thought, why don't you shop at Dollar Tree or one of the other dollar stores. It would be cheaper than Sam's Club or Costco because you wouldn't get stuck with the left over plastic sheeting.

I've seen the plastic tablecloths in Dollar Tree, so if you had a total of 20 tables, it would cost you $20.00 + tax.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By guest (Guest Post) Flag

FLAT SHEETS!

You can get them for 3 to 4 dollars each at Wal Mart, in several color choices.

After the wedding, they can be recycled as curtains - just buy the curtain rings with clips on the bottom.

You can either hem the sheets, or just turn over the excess on the top to make sort of a valance.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By guest (Guest Post) Flag

We went to Dollar Tree and purchased plastic tablecloths in the perfect color for our daughter's wedding. They looked very nice and they were only $1 each.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By guest (Guest Post) Flag

How about sheets? You could fix the hem to look the same on all sides, and no one would ever know what they really are. I have used sheets for tablecloths many times. Cheap, and lots of fabric. Especially white ones.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By guest (Guest Post) Flag

Go to the clearance fabric area in your local Walmart or other store, most have areas where fabirc is $1-2 per yard. I have used various coordinating fabric for table coverings for reception before.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By suzanne 277 750 Flag

I do like the fabric idea. afterwards you could do some sewings and maybe make some clothing or pillows, etc from the material

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By guest (Guest Post) Flag

Look at Wal-Mart in the party section. They have vinyl tablecloths for $1 in every color imaginable.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

Comment

Weddings ReceptionSeptember 22, 2007
ThriftyFun on Facebook ThriftyFun on Pinterest Enter a Contest Free Newsletters Ask a Question Share a Post
A platter of fruit and cheese.
Inexpensive Wedding Appetizers
Colorful Bridal Bouquets
Choosing Wedding Colors
Coffee and dessert reception.
Coffee and Dessert Wedding Reception Ideas
Wedding Dress Sale square
Saving Money on a Wedding Dress
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 9, 2016 at 9:04:37 AM on 10.0.0.4 in 1 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.

NewestOldestMost HelpfulLeast HelpfulRelevance
Site MenuShare a PostContestsAsk a QuestionAbout ThriftyFun
BrowseAll By DateAll GuidesAll QuestionsAll VideosRecent FeedbackLonely Questions
CategoriesBetter LivingBudget & FinanceBusiness & LegalConsumer AdviceCraftsEducationEntertainmentFood & RecipesGarage SalesHealth & BeautyHolidays & PartiesHome & GardenMake Your OwnOrganizingParentingPetsTravel & RecreationWeddings