Frugal Edging For Your Garden

A really frugal edging for gardens is broken concrete. When we had our bathroom floor re-done (our house is on a slab) a pile of light concrete sat outside our house for about 2 months before I got tired of waiting for them to haul it away.

I carefully picked through the pile and put them in a "rock wall" configuration around the edge of one of my gardens. It looks great; not like concrete at all. The only thing to be aware of is that there were rusty nails sticking out of some of the concrete and you have to make SURE you put those nail down in the ground.

My problem is that now I need more concrete to finish the job! :-)

By Kathleen K.

Do you have any more ideas for frugal edging? Please post them.

I took old tiles from roofs.

My idea was to use different plates that i found at garage sales :) just put them out in spring , and with all the garage sales going on this time of year you could collect quite a few in no time at all

Landscape edging between the garden and the lawn.
Creative Ideas For Landscape Borders
Home and Garden Gardening DecorationMarch 15, 2007
Photo of a lawn edger.
Edging Your Lawn
Growing Alyssum
A young child counting coins.
Teaching Your Kids About Frugal Living