Cleaning Sippy Cups

Tips for cleaning sippy cups. Post your ideas.

You can use the head of a q-tip to clean out the small crevices in toddler sippy cups.

By CINDY MINER

I put my cups in the diswasher on the top rack and the tops or lids in the with the silverware. If the lid is under the silverware, the silverware holds the lid in.

We use a small paintrbush to clean out the sippy cups. I bought a cheap brush (the expensive ones have softer fibres which don't clean as well).

As recommended by our pediatrician put one teaspoon of unscented household bleach into the sippy cup and top with water. Turn upside down several times to get the solution onto the lid and into the straw and leave overnight. Wash in very hot water and detergent. This has not tainted any of our sippy cups and keeps them crystal clean without all the added chemicals.

I have a daycare in my home, so this is a regular chore. I spray clorox cleanup or generic form into the lid, cup and on the insert. I have a cleaning brush that will fit all the way thru the insert. I let them soak about an hour, scrub down, and then wash with soap and water.

I use a pipe cleaner. It really cleans out the little holes in the lids.

RJ

Sippy cups can be diabolically difficult to thoroughly clean by hand. I've found that a wooden toothpick can get into the tiny crevices to clean out the stuff that builds up. Just soak the toothpicks in the dishwater for a couple minutes to soften.

By Camilla

Home and Garden Cleaning DishesMarch 10, 2005
Reusing Keurig K-Cups
Reusing Keurig K-Cups
Sippy Cup
Uses for Sippy Cups
dirty coffee cup
Cleaning Discolored Coffee Cups
Tea Cup and Saucer on White Background
Crafts Using Tea Cups and Saucers
🐰
🍀
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 23, 2017 at 2:41:30 PM on 10.0.0.241 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.