Building A Fire Pit

I am wanting to build a fire pit out of large Arizona river rock. Any suggestions?

Jackie from Austin, Texas

Answers

To celebrate the new year we are giving away $200 in Amazon gift cards for people who answer questions on ThriftyFun in January! Click here to find out more...

I've heard that you should not use River Rock because they will explode when heated. I was given a 20" round sch. 80 pipe that I sunk into the ground about a foot. With about 2 feet above ground. It works great and I was able to buy a grill from Home Depot that fit the top of it. The grill prevents burning chips from blowing out. I did have to drill some air holes along the base of it. I use it even during the summer. (My husband thinks I'm nuts when I do that)

Make Your Own MiscellaneousMarch 30, 2008
LIttle BOy Looking in the Mirror at his Fire Fighter Costume
Making a Fire Fighter Costume
Fire Pit on a Wood Deck
Using a Fire Pit on a Wood Deck
house fire
Making a Fire Escape Plan for Your Family
Building a Fire Pit in Your Backyard, backyard fire pit
Building a Fire Pit
🍀
💘
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on January 15, 2017 at 8:47:37 PM on 10.0.0.234 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.