StainsCleaning

Unknown Upholstery Stain

I purchased a used 100% cotton off-white upholstered chair with unknown stains on it. What do I use to remove the stains?

By CMcIntyre08 from Canada

Answers

I use club soda on all my stains on carpet/upholstery. It works great! Just pour on and then DAB with a dry cloth. It is very important to DAB...do NOT rub! Dab with a dry cloth until stain has disappeared. Good luck, and I, too, love a great buy!

I have some unknown stains on my upholstery in my Jeep. It was bought used, so I don't know what the stains are from. I have tried using Bissell carpet and upholstery cleaner, it stained even more. Please help, I don't want to have to get this professionally cleaned and still be stained.

Fran from WI

Answers:

Unknown Upholstery Stain

If the stain has an odor, soak it in vinegar. For the stain itself, use hydrogen peroxide on it. Get it good and wet, and repeat if it's still visible after drying well. (06/22/2004)

By Jamie S.

Unknown Upholstery Stain

Sometimes stains are protein based and you may try a cleaner sold in pet stores. There is a variety of them and they are not that expensive. They work by using enzymes and alcohol to remove odors and stains. Also, other organic cleaners may do the trick such as "Advanage". It works on all my stained carpets. (06/22/2004)

By Nicole

Unknown Upholstery Stain

If you can find it, it is made by Green Tree, it is all natural and smells good, it is a degreaser cleaner, used on carpets and other things, it is the non foaming one. I use it on many stains in cars and it always works. I am not sure where to buy it, since I use it at work. Good luck. I will look for a web site on the bottles and stuff and see what I can find. I will write back if I find something. (07/23/2005)

By jennma521