Question
Browse>Contests>Ask>Share>Newsletters>Account>About>

Birthday Party Invitation Wording

I am planning a 90th birthday party for my mother and need help wording the invitation. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Thanks.

By C. Sercerchi from Canada

Here are the recent answer to this question.

By Lee Taylor [10]05/25/2010

Please come celebrate, share and honor my mom's/(name) 90th birthday!

Hope you have a wonderful party!!

By susan [33]05/24/2010

When my father died we had a celebration service for the family. Friends and relatives talked about the influence and mentoring he'd done, told cute stories etc. I often thought it would have been nicer to have done a celebration for his life while he was with us. He would have been very touched.

I would invite people to come to a celebration of her life and accomplishments and include a note to please bring along a short anecdote or memory to add to a celebration guest book for her to keep. Make sure to have several sheets of paper for those who may not remember to bring their stories. Taking photos of the party and adding them into the book would be a nice touch. Good luck:)

By Amy3e05/23/2010

Join us to celebrate Mom's (or name) 90 years of life, love, family and friendship.

Here are questions related to Birthday Party Invitation Wording .

Question: Mom's 60th Birthday Invitation Wording

I'd love some help with the wording of the invitation. I really want to make it special for her.

By Melissa S.

Most Recent Answer

By MotherShip [8]06/01/2011

How about titling the invitations: "Welcome to the 60's" The movie, Hairspray had a song titled that, then make a 60's theme party, dress like the 60's and play that kind of music, etc. Just a thought?

Thrifty Fun has been around so long that many of our pages have been reset several times. Archives are older versions of the page and the feedback that was provided then.

Archive: Birthday Party Invitation Wording

I am having a 75th birthday party for my father-in-law who is a huge hunter. I am having the guests come dressed in camo. I need help wording the invitation with that in there. Any ideas?

By Lesley from Nashville

RE: Birthday Party Invitation Wording

The phrase "Hit me with your best shot!" might come in handy on those invites. Perhaps you could take a page from formal invitations that indicate dress as "Dress: Formal Attire" (or something like that). Yours could be "Dress: Hunting Attire". You might want to offer suggestions for those invited that are not in the hunting loop, I know I would need it. (01/10/2010)

By theammons

RE: Birthday Party Invitation Wording

This isn't what you're asking about but I thought you might be interested. http://www.acc123.com/i-huntingcamo.html

Now to your question, take a look at this.

The terrain is rough. The prey is crafty.
But the great white hunter is
once again on the prowl.
Suit up in your cammies and join the hunt.
As (name) stalks a new deadlier prey -
the mighty 75th year.
His hunting party forms at
(time) on (date)
near (father's name) campsite.
He has pitched his camp at his favorite site -
(address).
Come armed and dressed to drive
hunter and prey into the battle of the year.

Optional: Send your confirmation and ammo will be on hand. Further details can be obtained from the guide (name and number of person throwing party). (01/10/2010)

By Suntydt

I would like to know what to say on the invitation for an 80th birthday party where only monetary gifts will be accepted.

By Honey from IN

RE: Birthday Party Invitation Wording

I don't think it would be proper to word any invitation that way. If nothing else put "no gifts please". If there is a reason that a person can't use other gifts, say for instance they are in a nursing home and don't have room for a lot of stuff, you could suggest things like postage stamps, writing paper, envelopes, etc., or even a box of greeting cards. My former mother-in-law is in a nursing home and that is the type of things that we all send her for different occasions. You could word the invitation something like because the person is in a nursing home and doesn't have a lot of room, they can always use the following things that don't take up a lot of room. (04/23/2010)

By redhatterb

RE: Birthday Party Invitation Wording

Nothing, I really had difficulty with your wording that "only monetary gifts will be accepted". If you are dead set on asking for money say there will be a money tree that guests are welcome to "add a leaf" to, if they would like. (04/23/2010)

By EGGZ

RE: Birthday Party Invitation Wording

Where are manners today? Yes, it is rude to ask for money no matter what. You could ask that guests not bring gifts or donate toward a special charity, but to ask for money is still tacky in this day and age.

Is the birthday person planning a trip? You could ask that friends donate items to use on his trip. If the person is in real financial problems due to medical bills you could have a fund raiser, but please don't cheapen a birthday party by asking friends to give money. (04/23/2010)

By yoder178

RE: Birthday Party Invitation Wording

You should accept any gift offered, and do it with graciousness. My goodness! I agree with the other replies, the only other option is to specify a charity "in lieu of gifts please donate to.....". My policy is to always act extremely grateful and appreciative of anything offered, and if I don't like it or can't use it I just donate to a charity thrift store. But never let a person offering to give you a gift feel bad about what they want to give you. Every time I visit my elderly parents they load me up with things from around their house that they want me to have. And every time, I act like what they are giving me is the greatest thing I have ever received. It makes them so happy. (04/24/2010)

By PainterLee

RE: Birthday Party Invitation Wording

Sorry to just chime in on what everyone else said, but the phrase "only monetary gifts will be accepted" sounds incredibly rude. Think about it: how would it feel to tell someone face to face who brings another type of gift to just take it back home, we don't want that? If you don't want gifts other than money, the only gracious thing to say is "no gifts, please". Period. (04/24/2010)

By ChloeA

RE: Birthday Party Invitation Wording

I suppose you could say something like this, "In lieu of gifts and due to the advanced brown thumb condition of our father (or friend or ?), please just fertilize his ailing money tree and help it to grow."

Then get a nice big branch, and add colorful clothespins on the table where it's to rest. You can start the "leafing out" of that ailing tree by adding as many as you can manage of your own dollar bills.

Other than something "comical", I can think of absolutely no way to handle such a request, and hopefully, everyone invited is a good friend or family member who will understand completely.

Wishing you the best, and happy birthday to the birthday guy or gal. Quite an accomplishment to reach the age of 80. We should all be so lucky!

Julia in Boca Raton, FL (04/24/2010)

By PookaRina

RE: Birthday Party Invitation Wording

I agree with the other posters here. What you would have to put on the invitation would be "greedy". Don't do it. (04/25/2010)

By Marfette