AdviceDogs

When should I feed my puppy?

When should I feed my puppy?

Thanks,
Eleri from Powys, Wales

Feed him at ;least twice a day.

Puppies are soooo adorable :)

What kind did you get? I fed my puppies 1 cup of puppy chow in the morning and 1 cup in the late afternoon. I did this for a couple weeks, than up'd it by 1/2 weekly until they were eating 3 cups in the morning and 3 cups in the afternoon. Before bedtime, I'll give them dog treats. Usually something I made or when I feel lazy, a milkbone with Peter Pan Peanut Butter on it! My pups are Shep and Lab mix so they eat alot of food (nearly 10lbs every 3-5 days now) and their STILL growing!

I fed my puppy one cup of puppy food (I used Natural Choice Puppy Food) three times a day for six months, and then twice a day until he was a year old. He is now 20 months old, and eats 2-3 cups once a day (if he eats all his food (2 cups) in the morning, I will give him another cup in late afternoon. He weighs 90 pounds!!!

i just lost my dog and he turned diabetic because i fed him only once in the morning and once at night we were told if possible to feed it like we eat 3 small meals 3 times a day.and it depends on your breed of dog if you can call your vet and ask him what he thinks is best or call the person you got it from and ask them how they handled the feeding times.i would call both and take the opinion that you trust.