Keep a Photo of What's in the Box

I have a LOT of stuff stored in boxes and occasionally would spend hours looking for one small thing. So now when I pack boxes, I take a picture of the contents and make two copies, one for the outside of the box and one for a special folder I keep for that reason. It makes looking for the items so much simpler.

By Trude from Lima, Ohio

I like this tip a lot! I think having a list as to the contents on the outside of the box would be helpful or mark the boxes by a number or letter or something like that and then have the items typed up or saved to the hard drive that correspond to the proper #'ed box. This would especially work well in a craft or hobby room.

Love this idea. I am so forgetful now that I am older and this would work very well. Thanks

I do the same. Once, I had 18 boxes all organized and covered with wall paper. I shot and printed a photo, then labeled each box with A...B etc. Behind the photo of the boxes was a list of what was in each box.

It really helps when you need something.

PBP

Organizing Your Storage
Organizing Your Storage
Organizing StorageOctober 30, 2007
A pile of old photos.
Making a Photo Quilt
family photos
Making a Photo Calendar
Engagement Photo Ideas
Engagement Photo Ideas
🎉
🎄