Shrimp in Spicy Mustard Sauce

Here's a great shrimp dish I make quite often. The original recipe came out of an old Weight Watcher cookbook, but as always (something I learned from my Grandma) I usually throw in a few extras to make it taste better and substitute some ingredients, but it's still healthy cooking. I lost 40 lbs. on these recipes even with additions. Here's a tip I would like to pass on about fish. I always soak it in milk before cooking; it seems to take away any bad fishy taste.

Ingredients

• 12 oz. shrimp, peeled, deveined
  • 2/3 cup fat free 1/2 and 1/2, or substitute evaporated skim, regular skim or low-fat milk or soy milk
  • Ad
  • 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
  • 1/2 tsp. curry powder
  • 1/4 tsp. cumin
  • 1/4 tsp. black pepper
  • 1 tsp. lemon juice
  • 1/2 tsp. chicken bullion powder or 1 cube
  • 1 Tbsp. olive oil
  • 1/2 onion, minced
  • 4 garlic cloves, minced
  • parsley and parmesan cheese for garnish (optional)

Directions

Shell and devein shrimp, set aside. In 1-cup liquid measure, combine milk, mustard and seasonings, set aside. (If you are using milk, instead of the 1/2 and 1/2, mix some of the milk with a Tbsp. of cornstarch and add to sauce at end to thicken). In an 8 or 9 inch skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat; add onions, garlic and shrimp, stir constantly until shrimp just turns pink, 2 to 3 minutes. Pour milk mixture into skillet, cook, stirring constantly until mixture comes to a boil. Reduce heat to low, (add cornstarch mixture if using), let simmer until slightly thickened, 1 or 2 minutes. Using a slotted spoon, remove shrimp to serving platter, set aside. Increase heat to medium-high, continue cooking sauce until mixture is reduced by half, about 5 minutes. Pour sauce over shrimp and sprinkle with parsley and Parmesan cheese.

Makes 2 servings

This is great served over noodles or rice. Hope you enjoy your shrimp!

By Helen from Las Vegas, NV

Re: Editor's Note: We visited the above site and didn't find any recipes but maybe there will be recipes posted there in the future.

First, let me thank you for printing my recipe. I checked the site www.healthy-cooking.ideatreasury.com and wanted to tell you that there are many recipes within some of the articles that appear on the site. Check the side box that has a list of articles "Latest Related Articles About Healthy Cooking". Sorry they were hard to find. Enjoy!

This recipe looks delicious but I went to the website and every link I followed took me to a google ad page. There were some reprinted articles but it wasn't exactly what I was looking with recipes.

If you are looking for a good resource for recipes, try www.myrecipes.com. It appears to be the repository for recipes from a bunch of good magazines like Southern Living and Real Simple. It is my favorite place (besides ThriftyFun) if I don't know what is for dinner!

Tracy

Spaghetti With Shrimp
Recipes Using Shrimp
Food and Recipes Recipes SeafoodOctober 25, 2007
Peanut Sauce Recipes, Pork satay with peanut sauce dip.
Peanut Sauce Recipes
shrimp tacos
Shrimp Tacos Recipe
Cilantro Lime Shrimp
Cilantro Lime Shrimp Recipes
Open glass serving glass of mustard with white plastic serving utensiles.
Homemade Mustard Recipes
🎉
🎄