Clean Blinds Without Spreading Dust

What is the best way to clean window blinds without spreading dust all over?

There is another Yahoo Group called Flylady.Net They offer these feather dusters that really do a great job as picking up dust and NOT spreading it around.

I take my blinds down two or three times each year and hose them off with 409 cleaner and water. Otherwise, Swiffer dusters work well or else use your vacuum hose attachment. We have severe dust allergies in our home and these things work well for us.

If you are talking about mini blinds...

I just pull them up tight in the closed position, take them down, and drop them in the tub with a couple of inches of water and enough dish detergent to make the water slightly frothy. Then I release the lock and pull them open under the water and let them soak for about 15 minutes.

To dry them, just lay the blind over the towel bar for an hour or so.

You will have nice clean blinds without any scrubbing or flying dust!

I vacuum the blinds every month or two, using the hose extensions and the soft brush accessory for my vacuum. Just run the brush horizontally across 2 or 3 slats at a time. Do one side of the blind and then the other. Once a year we take them down, hang them on the clothesline and I wash them with a sponge and soapy water. They drip dry very quickly.

Once or twice a year, I take them to the concrete back

porch, pour Joy on them or any DW Liquid. Spray them

with the hose, and brush the heck out of them with

a broom, do both sides Hang them on the clothes line,

spray the soap off, let them dry and hang them back up.

Works for me. IMA3

I love the Pledge moistened wipes that are disposable. Now I only have to do the wood blinds a few times a year. It seems to make them repel dust for a long time.

I had some really dirty, greasy blinds, that should have been thrown out and replaced, but I took them down to the car wash and spent $1.75 and they look brand new! I suppose a pressure washer would also work. I just held them in one hand and sprayed with the other.

I wipe mine off with baby wipes. It removes any dust build-up and doesn't leave a residue. For an average window it takes around four-five wipes. Try it. It beats the rinsing off method. No water spots or missed spots this way. I usually do a room of three windows in 30 mins(10-12 mins. each). The results are worth the effort and time.

Jennifer CA

I like the car wash idea. I put mine in the tub,shower on the concrete porch and I end up scrubbing. I think I will take them down to the car wash and look silly cleaning blinds. I could kill two birds with one stone that way. Wash my car/vacuum and clean blinds. That is mighty convenient.

Cleaning Venetian Blinds
Cleaning Venetian Blinds
Home and Garden Cleaning DustingAugust 31, 2007
Wood Blinds
Cleaning Wood Blinds
Closed Mini Blinds
Reusing Mini Blinds
Canvas Blinds
Cleaning Canvas Blinds
Cleaning mini blinds square
Cleaning Mini Blinds
🐰
🍀
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 23, 2017 at 8:57:54 PM on 10.0.0.173 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.