Ladder as Pots and Pans Organizer

I found an old ladder at an antique store for $5. I painted it and hung it from hooks on the ceiling in the kitchen. I purchased screw-in hooks and put them on the rungs of the ladder and on the outside to hang pots, pans, and other kitchen items. Very inexpensive pots and pans organizer with country charm.

By BarwickJ from Ottumwa, IA

Could you show me the picture pots and pans made from the ladder that you made thanks.

Is there anyway I could see a picture of your creation? I am really interested, but cannot picture how it looks. You can email it to me at kvd2241 @ sbcglobal.net (remove spaces)

Thank you so much.

Could you post a picture of this??

thanks

I also used an old ladder for a pot rack. Mine was very weathered looking and even had spots on paint on it. I used hooks in ceiling along with chain to hold it up at the height I wanted. Under each rung was a metal rod (I guess for extra support for each rung) so I just spaced 3 large "S" hooks to hang pots and other kitchen accessories. I then used some silk ivey along the outside of ladder. Then my husband had some kind of mesh-type screening ( I think this is used for either plastering walls or sheetrock), only a scrap, but fit perfectly over the top of the ladder--Great for sitting baskets on, especially the ones I use around the kitchen, for rolls, etc. I even hang my strainers, which have handles on them, on the ladder. I have had so many compliments on this. At first my husband was a little bit warry about my idea (my husband is a Pastor and we are presently living in our church parsonage) but I thinnk he was accually impressed in the end with this shappy chic look. It really helps with the storage for we do not have much cabinet space to start with and it seems so nice just to be able to reach up and get a pot without having to unstack pots out of a cabinet. I also have to cut a piece off the bottom of the ladder, for it was too long. I soon found a place for it in my den. I used it for my inspirational romance paperbacks, they fit perfectly on the rungs (of which there are two) and I attached it to the wall with "L" brackets and put a swag over it. Looks great! I love this way of recycling things. Crystal from Bennettsville, SC

Count me in on wanting to see a picture also. What a clever idea!

My email is akaspar (at) sbcglobal.net.

Thanx so much!

You sound like a real creative person!

I would love to see a picture of this. My email is wilsent AT verizon.net

These ideas sound terrific. I just moved into a very small apt. Now not only do I not have enough room or storage what I do have is teeny tiny. So I truly love the ideas of the ladder. Thanks. I have a small metal one and I was hoping with a peek out your alls, I could maybe utilitze mine in the same way, as I have two of these type of ladders. Thanks.

May I please see a picture of both of these ladders mentioned above? Email: MrsJewel5 AT aol.com

My cupboards are also so packed that I have to unload everything to find one seldom used pot or pan. It sounds like a great idea, but how do you attach a pan without a handle? I too would appreciate a photo of your idea. camylake@gmail.com.

Thank you.

I did the same thing, except after hanging it up my hubby used S hooks to hang my pots from. We moved from that house 8 years ago and since I did not have another ladder we ended up purchasing a hanging rack for this home. In all honesty, I prefer my homemade one to this one.

I noticed that no one ever posted a photo of a DIY ladder for hanging pots and I just happened to like the idea also.

Here is a link to one site that shows how one person did this:

http://www.bobvila.com/articles/upc ... racks-cookware-storage/#.WDNiY1xg3IU

Thanks Sandi - I found your Google site after I posted and I really like it as there are many ideas worth pursuing if you're looking for space saving ideas for hanging "things".

Pots and pans.
Organizing Pots and Pans
Organizing KitchenJanuary 31, 2006
Sofa Organizer
Making a Sofa Organizer
frying pan birdbath
Making a Birdbath from a Frying Pan
Illustration of two kids in costumes.  A witch and a pirate.
Making a Peter Pan Costume
Dirty Pots and Pans
Cleaning Pots and Pans
🎉
🎄