Daddy's Hillbilly Greenbeans

It has no name other than... Daddy's Hillbilly Greenbeans.

Handed down from my Granny, in her words: "To one big stock pot, add greenbeans, 1 or 2 handfuls per person. Peel potatoes, 2 or 3 per person, cut in half, 4 cobs of corn, with kernels cut off the cob, 1 medium onion chopped, and 1 tablespoon bacon drippings for flavor. Add water to just cover, and cook till ingredients are tender. Add a big chunk of ham and heat till hot. This will keep in the fridge for up to a week, and each time it is heated it gets better."

This is from me: If you use canned green beans and corn, use the broth in the can too, and not as much water, I also add some cabbage. Delish!

By Rosa

Sounds great and will try. Anne

Same dish my Granmommie made! Thanks for the reminder!

Can't wait to try it.

Food and Recipes Recipes Main DishesSeptember 9, 2004
daddy daughter dance ideas
Planning a Daddy Daughter Dance
Daddy's Changing Diaper
Daddy's Diaper Dooty Poem
🎉
🎄