More Lint With a Front Loading Washing Machine

I have a Sears front loading washing machine that may actually be a Sears label on a Whirlpool. In any case, I get more lint on my clothes from the front loader than I ever got from my aged top loader. I use the energy efficient detergent designed for front loaders. Any suggestions?

Uncle Stan from Kensington, MD

Put 1/2 cup vinegar in the rinse cycle. It will get rid of the lint.

Hi, I have a front loading washing machine, and I don't have a lint problem. Loretta

I was told that lint is result of too much soap.

A repairman told me this. Also vinegar tip is

good.

I thought I had read that newer machines do not have the lint traps like they used to.

I have a mildew smell coming from the washing machine. I know the water can collect on the inner ring and create mildew so I always keep the front door open when I am not using it. Any suggestions to get rid of the smell?

Use a piece of netting (toulle?). It will keep lint off of clothes.

When the fellow installed my HE4t front loader he told me that I shouldn't have much lint because the water on our side of town was "good". He didn't expound on this but I suspect water that has been softened or has a naturally high mineral content would cause more lint since more fibers would be broken. I'm not sure.

I have a front loader. Some clothes smell like they have been left in the machine overnight. I use minimum detergent.

Everything that is left in pockets like coins ect. work there way under that rubber gasket, and ends up in the water pump,even lint, paper ect. Sears should have explained this!

The pump that removes the water is located in the bottom front. Remove the 3 small screws, drop down the cover plate, the pump is on the bottom right,at the front of the pump itself there is about a 2 inch cap . Turn the cap CCW all the way until the stop. Pull the plastic retainer out and clean! This little task will save you $150.00.

Home and Garden Cleaning LaundryMay 4, 2006
Front Loading Washer
Dyeing Clothing in a Front Loading Washer
Front Loading Washer
Using a Front Loading Washer
Laundry soap on top of a washer.
Best Laundry Soap for Front Load Washers
A front loading washing machine with the door open.
Cleaning a Front Loading Washing Machine
🎄