Painting Light Bulbs For Garden Decor

A fun craft and garden decor idea is to take old light bulbs and paint them. Glass paint is the best option, but you can use spray paint as well. Once painted in a design or color of your choice take a high gage wire, I use 20 gauge copper, and wrap around the base. You can wrap some around the bulb as well, if wanted. Then you can hot glue glass stones or little trinkets on the wire. Attach to your average garden stake with wire and a bit of hot glue and plant!

I make mine with wire leaves to look like flowers and even bugs. Its really just what ever you want. Beware of children though or you may have one trying to smell your table lamps!

Editor's Note: Brandy added a very small photo to her reply in the feedback section. This is the best we could do to enlarge it a bit.

By Cookwie from Little Rock, AR

Could we please see a pic? This sounds like something that would be fun and be cute too.

This is a cute idea,I'd love to see a pix too!!! I use to paint my light bulbs too......for holidays, like Halloween was orange.I'd use just craft acrylic paint, but the glass paint has to be better. fun :)

sorry folks this is the best picture I could get of the one Im working on now. My camera died!

Pls show the pixs.

Painting Light Bulbs
Painting Light Bulbs
Home and Garden Gardening DecorationSeptember 7, 2006
Disposing of Light Bulbs (Incandescent), A light bulb.
Disposing of Light Bulbs (Incandescent)
Recycled Metal Garden Decorations
Homemade Garden Decorations
Best Christmas Light Shows. House decorated in white Christmas lights
Best Christmas Light Shows
Uses for Light Bulbs (Incandescent), A recycled vanity lightbulb with a snowman face painted on it.
Uses for Light Bulbs (Incandescent)
🎉
🎄