Browsing: Making Candles

Homemade Candle Scents

Homemade scents for candlemaking.

Use Essential Oil

My best suggestion is to use a few drops of essential oil. Find the scent you like best and use that. Essential oils should mix with the wax and retain their scent. The only other thing I can think of is to put pieces of cinnamon stick in the candle. Make sure to put them in a part of the candle that will not burn because the stick will burn if the flame gets to it so keep them to the outside of the candle.

Blue Candle

By Susan

Recycle Old Candles

I like using my double boiler to "recycle" lifeless candles. Then for x-mas candles I would sprinkle cinnamon/nutmeg in the wax and stir gently, or use very little perfume.

By Lisa

Use Extracts For Baking

Use vanilla, almond, orange or lemon extract you buy in the grocery store.

By Leigh-Ann

I just tried making candles for the first time last night. I couldn't find any peppermint scent, so I just got peppermint extract. I also had some lemon extract lying around the house. My friend came over and we tried the lemon first, doing three eyedroppers full. When we lit them, we couldn't smell anything. Then we made a peppermint one and did about six or seven full eyedroppers and you can smell it if you get your nose right up to the rim of the container. i don't know if it was the essential oils, the creme wax, or the stearine that did it, but it smelled fine in the pot.

By Kassie

What are you tips for adding scent to homemade candles? Post them below.

Answers

Your problem isnt the scent it sounds like you are adding the scent to the hot wax to long before pouring the candle. We add our scents as the wax is being poured from the boiler to the candle mold. The longer the scent has to heat in the boiler the faster it evaporates. hope this helps

Making Candles
Making Candles
Crafts Candle MakingJuly 18, 2007
Woman Spraying Perfume
Fragrance Tips and Tricks
Candles and Matches
Candle Safety Tips
Blue Colored Granules
Homemade Simmering Granules
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on July 26, 2016 at 4:09:50 PM on 10.0.2.123 in 667 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.