Where Can I Find Borax in the UK?

I've often seen Borax mentioned in postings. I'm in the UK and no one I ask has heard of it - does anyone know if it can be found under a different name?

Thanks,
Heather from UK

Filter: All Articles Sort: Relevance

Check out this site: www.borax.com

click on borax vistors center, and then on worldwide locations----or you can just contact them----maybe they use a different name in the UK.

Good luck!!!

i could have sworn i bought it at boot's six years ago!

Boots sells Borax in the Homecare section

I Get it from Boots @£2 19 today June 2006!!

Tesco Naturally range sells it in their laundry area as a stain remover. 400g for 99p.

In your local market, check in the laundry isle. It is an additive to use with your laundry detergent. The real name is 20 Mule Team Borax. Hope this helps.

You can contact a ceramic supply business. Potters use borax to make some of the glazes .

Add your voice! Click below to comment on this post or add your answer to this question. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom.

January 13, 2012 Flag

Where do I buy this, at the hardware shop or supermarket?

By Sally

Answer This QuestionWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

The EU changed the chemical classification of borax a few years ago, and since then it's no longer sold as a laundry additive or household cleaner. But it's still available if you look around. Supermarkets are unlikely to stock borax but you could try somewhere like B&Q, or have a look online.

You may find it in Boots the chemist.

Marg from England.

I'm sure there are chemical supply companies and pool chemical companies in the UK. Look by the chemical name which if I remember correctly is sodium borate. Many chemicals can be purchased in bulk. It should be as easy as doing a google search or making a few phone calls to find somewhere that has it.

Borax
Buying Borax
Home and Garden Cleaning AdviceApril 26, 2006
Keeping Pests Out of Your Compost Pile
Keeping Pests Out of Your Compost Pile
Borax powder, with a measuring cup and spray bottle.
Cleaning With Borax
car gear parts in carton box
Saving Money on Parts for Old Cars
Old Quilt
Crafts Using Old Quilts
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on June 14, 2016 at 3:04:56 PM on 10.0.2.40 in 1 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.