Stuffed Bell Pepper Soup

This is so easy and yummy! I make it vegetarian using soy ground instead of the ground beef.

• 2 cans condensed tomato soup
  • Ad
  • 3/4 to 1 cup red or green (or both) bell peppers, diced
  • 1 cup white rice
  • 1/2 cup onion, diced
  • 2 cloves garlic, minced
  • 1 teaspoon basil

Optional:

• 1/2 pound ground beef
  • 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
  • ground cayenne pepper, to taste

Directions:

1. Prepare the rice using a rice cooker or on the stove top

2. Add the cans of soup with two cans of water along with the peppers, onions, garlic and basil into a pot and heat on medium-high.

3. Bring the soup to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for 5 to 8 minutes or until the vegetables are cooked through.

4. Optional step: In a skillet, brown the ground beef and drain off the excess fat. Pour Worcestershire sauce over the ground beef and sprinkle with cayenne pepper and simmer until the liquid is cooked in, then add the meat to the pot.

5. Add the cooked rice into the soup.

Source: http://www.epicurious.com/

By Lisa from Halifax

Sounds delish. I sometimes use a dash of cinnamon, and brown sugar to give it a "Greek" taste, an old family secret, and now that there are so many colorful peppers out on the market I add some yellow and orange for coloring, or they can be as a side, raw, or.... well. I just got back from the kitchen! My not so healthy speed secret that I use when I have to have a fix - Stouffer's green peppers stuffed. Cook up the package per the directions and when it is cooked, place plastic dish on a plate and using a sharp knife and fork, cut the peppers and meat into small soup sized pieces. Pour the mish-mosh into a 2 qt. pan (for the 2 pack of peppers) and add a 6oz. can of tomato paste, and water to taste while heating. Break out the french bread, and eat like a rock star! Well, maybe not a very healthy rock star, but I'm sure you all catch my drift! Bon Appetit!

bowl of colorful peppers
Bell Pepper Soup Recipes
Food and Recipes Recipes SoupsJanuary 30, 2009
Stuffed Yellow Peppers
Stuffed Bell Pepper Recipes
Freezing Bell Peppers, Canning Bell Peppers, Peeling Bell Peppers, Drying Bell Peppers, Storing Bell Peppers, Growing Bell Peppers, Selecting Good Bell Peppers, Red, Green and Yellow Bell Peppers
Peeling Bell Peppers
Vegetarian Stuffed Bell Pepper
Vegetarian Stuffed Bell Pepper Recipes
Storing Bell Peppers
🎄