Choosing Ceiling Light Fixtures

I need to replace ceiling light fixtures. Would anyone please guide me on how to choose new ones? Our house is very traditional. The current fixtures are brass and glass. I understand that brass is a traditional look, but I'm seeing lots of silver ones and dark brown ones. What should I choose ?

By Carla from Greensboro, NC

To celebrate the new year we are giving away $200 in Amazon gift cards for people who answer questions on ThriftyFun in January! Click here to find out more...

It's hard to say without seeing your house, furniture, colors, and so on. Keep it traditional if that is your taste. I'd stay with the same finish on all the fixtures so that it harmonizes somewhat. IMO a shiny chrome finish is more contemporary. The dark brown (bronze) might work if you can't find brass.

Remember to donate your old fixtures to the Habitat for Humanity ReStore. The one in Greensboro, NC is located on High Point Road. You may even find a used fixture to purchase in their store that will suit your home better than a new one.

Check out the link below for locations of ReStores.

http://www.habi  env/restore.aspx

Brushed Nickle might work well. Try Restoration Hardward.com or PotteryBarn.com They have some nice fixtures on sale.

Home and Garden Home Improvement Lighting and ElectricJuly 10, 2009
Photo of a ceiling fan.
Cleaning a Ceiling Fan
Refurbished a Ceiling Fan
Refurbishing a Ceiling Fan
painting a ceiling
Keeping Paint Off Light Fixtures
Best Christmas Light Shows. House decorated in white Christmas lights
Best Christmas Light Shows
🍀
💘
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on January 16, 2017 at 7:21:51 AM on 10.0.2.225 in 3 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.