Browsing: Reusing Food Packaging

10 Ways To Reuse a Potato Chip Bag

Here are 10 ways to reuse potato chip bags.

1. At picnics or parties, use for most any food that doesn't need a lid container.
  2. Ad

3. Use in car trunk to store either clean or dirty rags.
  4. Use to wrap up breakables for transporting.
  5. Put babies dirty diapers, especially throwaways when you are going to use a public trash can.
  6. Use to store or carry baseballs. You can get about 12 hardballs in a large bag or 6 softballs.
  7. Use the bag to collect berries, pine cones, or any other little treasures you find on your nature walks.
  8. Use to carry your caught fish home.
  9. Use to bury your desceased pet parakeet, fish, gerbils or hamster. Just wrap them up in a bag and bury.
  10. Use as a trash bag for your vehicle.
  11. A large empty potato chip bag will make 2 one time picnic table place mats.

So don't trash your chip bag. Reuse It.

By Mr. Thrifty from Shermans Dale, PA

Showing: Comments Sort: Relevance

Wow, great ideas! The only thing I ever used an empty chip bag for was to hold messy trash or a dirty diaper. The only thing I wondered about was the greasy film that would be on the inside. I don't think I want to start washing potato chip bags!

I think that #8 should be taken out. The chip bag would not be biodegradable and therefore the animal would not decompose. Ashes to ashes, dust to dust!

On Number 8 being taken out

Yes it is true potato chip bags are not biodegradable but by using one which you would normally sent to the landfill or incinerator Instead to bury a small pet. you have created a reuse which say you buried your pet in a hankerchief. You have just saved your hankerchief or spare cloth Me I am a softy when it comes to burying my pets. I always try to do somethiing special. I wrapped my faithful dog SHEP up in and old jacket I use to wear. Even the goldfish I threw in all the extra feed into the grave. Plus putting that small body in an airtight bag just might keep other animals from digging it up.

Oh how I wish these containers of everything we now have were all biodegradable like the olden days.

To me this is why I am so big on reusing anything.

with each reuse of items energy and money is saved

There are probably hundreds of differant reuses of Potato chip bags. Look what you pay for those few chips inside the bag you got to try to get even somehow.

So thank JM ROSS for you concern I hope you now see my reasoning for Number 8.Bye the way I do buy potato chips sparingly. They are too pricey and have little food value

Thanks Again

Mr. Thrifty

I am old enough to remember when chips came in different packaging. I don't rightly remember the potato chip bags but definitely remember the Fritos bags were made out of what seemed like waxed paper. Probably whatever the packaging used to be, it didn't keep the product fresh as long. My husband and children really like potato chips. I like them occasionally along with a sandwich. Anyway, I've found a brand at Aldi's that is really good and a large bag is around a buck! I think the brand name is Bonanza.

Buying things that come in excess packaging, then trying to find things to do with the packaging seems backwards to me. Why buy the chips to start with? They're horrible for your health and the packaging, that will eventually get thrown away at some time, is terrible for the environment. Eat smart and save everything. If you don't buy chips, your kids won't acquire the taste for them.

Reusing Food Packaging, Junk Foods
Reusing Food Packaging
Better Living Green Living ReusingJune 20, 2006
Sweet Potato Chips
Sweet Potato Chip Recipes
A bowl of potato chips.
Recipes Using Potato Chips
Jeans purse. Making a bootie bag from jeans.
Making a Bootie Bag from Jeans
Cookies on white.
Potato Chip Cookies
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on September 25, 2016 at 1:05:48 AM on 10.0.2.98 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.