Round Up Debit Card Into Savings

Our bank offers a "Keep the Change" program. A painless way to save $. Every time you use your debit card, the bank rounds it up to the next higher dollar. Works great, and it goes directly into your savings account.

By Eileen-E from Northern, CA

What is the name of your bank? My bank is Bank of America it's only for 3 months.

I have been with Bank of America for 4 years and have used the Keep The Change program all that time.

The FIRST 3 months they will match your savings 100%.

After that it is a much smaller percentage but I love the idea of the change going into my savings.

I never carry money; always use my debit card. It adds up and you don't miss it.

We live in a rural area in Northern California, every few months we need to go to San Francisco area for a medical appt, about 5-6 hours away. The "keep the change" savings on my debit card is earmarked for the luxury (for me, not my daughter, who's age makes her invincible ha ha) of getting a motel rather than dealing with the stress of doctor visit plus10-12 hour travel in one day. I never miss it! BUT I pay $4 a month fee for the privilege now, since June or so with new bank fee schedules. Still worth it, I think, haven't done a recent analysis, too many other financial fish to fry. Hard to keep on top of it all. ~L

My bank does this Keep the change also. And it is amazing how fast this grows. I don't watch it ever. And about every 6 months -a year I will take a peak and pleasantly surprised at how much that keep the change added up to. Great Idea!!

Jackie H.

Increasing Your Savings, Stack of Money
Increasing Your Savings
Budget & Finance Saving MoneyApril 23, 2009
Custom Debit and Credit Card
Ordering Custom Debit and Credit Cards
A stack of credit cards.
Using a Prepaid Debit or Credit Card
Paying with Cash instead of a Card
Paying with Cash instead of a Card
A trunk for putting congratulations card into at a wedding.
Making a Card Box for Your Wedding
🎄