Crayon Melted on Clothing and Clothes Dryer

My grandson left crayons in his clothing and it has left the clothes dryer and clothes full of crayon. How do I remove it from the cylinder in the dryer and also from his clothes?

By KarenF from Lake Worth, FL

We had that happen to us as well. I took a wet towel and dried it in the dryer. It cleaned it pretty good. Then I took Fabuloso cleaner and cleaned the cylinder and the whole inside of the dryer. And if you can find out how to get crayon out of clothes, let me know because I haven't found the answer yet.

Good Luck

I know this sounds crazy but I'd spray the dryer with WD-40 and wipe down. As for clothes if you take newspaper, lay it over crayon marks using a hot iron run it over the newspaper. As the was in the crayons melts it will be soaked into the newspaper.

the WD-40 works!

To clean the crayon off of the dryer cylinder used an old/used fabric softener dryer sheet and some elbow grease. The old/used dryer sheet works just like a Mr. Clean Magic Eraser. I learned this trick from my husband. I'm still researching ways to get melted crayon out of dried clothes.

Removing Melted Crayon from Dried Clothes, Man removing clothes from the dryer.
Cleaning Melted Crayon from Dried Clothes
Home and Garden Cleaning AppliancesMay 7, 2011
Putting on Jeans
Saving Money on Clothes While Dieting
Photo of an angel craft made form used dryer sheets.
Making Dryer Sheet Angels
Picture of crayon stains on a dryer door.
Cleaning Crayon Out of a Dryer
Photo of melted yellow crayon on a car seat.
Cleaning Melted Crayons Off a Car Seat
🎉
🎄