Browse   Newsletters   Contests   Ask   Share   Account   About

Wood Cleaner Recipe

This is my favorite wood cleaner recipe:

Put 2 teaspoons of olive oil in a 16 ounce spray bottle. Add 20 drops or more of pure essential lemon oil. Add 1/4 cup white distilled vinegar. Fill the rest of the bottle with purified water. Shake well. Be sure to use a pure essential lemon oil, not a synthetic one.

You can use fresh lemon juice instead of lemon oil, but then you'll need to use it up quickly or refrigerate it so it doesn't spoil. Use 1-2 teaspoons juice in place of the 20 drops. If you use lemon juice, you can also sprinkle this over pasta or on a salad!

Spray this formula on your rag or directly onto furniture. Wipe it dry immediately.

Source: Clean House Clean Planet by Karen Logan

By tasana from MO

Recent Feedback

Feedback about this article is posted here. Want to contribute? Click above to post feedback.

By Luann DeLuca [5]12/13/2011

I love this idea, especially using the juice from a real lemon. I am wondering if juice from an orange would work as well. I see orange cleaning products all over. I have a ton of oranges in my fridge from friends returning from Florida. I planned on using the peels and juice for a simmering potpourri, but I think I will try the juice in the wood cleaning recipe first.

Post Feedback

Add your voice to the conversation. Click here to post feedback.