Foil Pocket Meal

When camping in the summer, it is too hot to fire up the oven to cook when in a camper. I like to put my meat and veggies in a foil pocket and cook them over an outside grill. Here is a good recipe.

• 1 potato, cut into small chunks
  • 1/2 bell pepper
  • 2 Tbsp. minced onions.
  • Salt and pepper, to taste.
  • 1 skinless, boneless, chicken breast, cut in strips.
  • 2 Tbsp. barbecue sauce.

Directions:

Fold up foil to make a pack. Place all vegetables in pack. Place chicken strips on top and barbecue sauce over all. Fold foil down tightly and place over grill about 30 minutes or so. Easy and good.

By dwanalyn from Crowley, LA

Yum! Sounds good and easy! I am going to try this

These can be cooked in the oven as well. Growing up my Mom made what we called "Hobo Dinners", a recepie that she had used with Boy Scouts and Campfire Girls when my brothers and sisters were younger.

For each person, in a square of foil paper place a large hamburger patty, top with slices of potato, carrots and onion. Put a pat of butter or margarine and salt and pepper to taste on the very top. Bring foil up and over the entire stack and twist tightly o seal.

Bake in a 375-degree oven until veggies are tender (apx 1 - 1 1/2 hrs) YUM-YUM!!!

Travel and Recreation Recreation Camping RecipesJuly 13, 2010
pan lined with foil
Lining a Pan With Aluminum Foil
Southwestern Chicken Breasts
Foil Packet Recipes
roll of foil
Using Aluminum Foil and Plastic Wrap Correctly
Aluminum Foil
Uses for Aluminum Foil
🎉
🎄