Cook Big Holiday Meals The Day Before

With the big holidays coming, I find when I cook a big meal, I'm too tired to eat. So I make everything possible the day before. Potatoes are peeled, boiled and mashed, dressing is made and baked (when it's done, pour over some chicken broth, cover with foil and it stays moist), turkey is cleaned and placed in the roaster then back in the fridge. Then on the holiday, all I have to do is cook the turkey and "reheat" the rest. Much easier, no one can tell the difference and I can sit and enjoy the meal with my family!

By The Duck

Answers:

I Agree

You are right. I do everything up to four days before the holiday.

By patsAZ

Cooking The Night Before

I cook the turkey the day before, debone, then put back into roaster and make sure meat is covered with juice that is made when the turkey is cooking then cover roaster with aluminum foil. The next day I put the turkey in the oven at about 250-300 degrees for 3-4 hours it is ready to eat and is very tender. (11/08/2004)

By Valerie

By (Guest Post) 11/20/2007 Flag

I totally agree with you.I set the table the night before too. But a big thing I do that probably doesn't sound like much - I get to get by 10:00pm the night before. I get a good night's rest, eat a decent breakfast and get cracking!

Then, around 1/2 hour to 45 mins before guests arrive, I am all showered, painted and sit and have a little glass of white wine, just to take the edge off.

Happy Thanksgiving! Smoochie

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

Comment

Holidays and Parties Thanksgiving PlanningNovember 19, 2006
ThriftyFun on Facebook ThriftyFun on Pinterest Enter a Contest Free Newsletters Ask a Question Share a Post
holiday salad
Holiday Salad Recipes
Man choosing meat.
Using Cheaper Cuts of Meat
Green Valentine's Day Ideas, heart shaped leaf
Being Single on Valentine's Day
A mother showing her son how to crack an egg.
Teaching Kids to Cook
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 5, 2016 at 7:30:08 PM on 10.0.2.69 in 1 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.

Site MenuShare a PostContestsAsk a QuestionAbout ThriftyFun
BrowseAll By DateAll GuidesAll QuestionsAll VideosRecent FeedbackLonely Questions
CategoriesBetter LivingBudget & FinanceBusiness & LegalConsumer AdviceCraftsEducationEntertainmentFood & RecipesGarage SalesHealth & BeautyHolidays & PartiesHome & GardenMake Your OwnOrganizingParentingPetsTravel & RecreationWeddings