Cook Big Holiday Meals The Day Before

With the big holidays coming, I find when I cook a big meal, I'm too tired to eat. So I make everything possible the day before. Potatoes are peeled, boiled and mashed, dressing is made and baked (when it's done, pour over some chicken broth, cover with foil and it stays moist), turkey is cleaned and placed in the roaster then back in the fridge. Then on the holiday, all I have to do is cook the turkey and "reheat" the rest. Much easier, no one can tell the difference and I can sit and enjoy the meal with my family!

By The Duck

I Agree

You are right. I do everything up to four days before the holiday.

By patsAZ

Cooking The Night Before

I cook the turkey the day before, debone, then put back into roaster and make sure meat is covered with juice that is made when the turkey is cooking then cover roaster with aluminum foil. The next day I put the turkey in the oven at about 250-300 degrees for 3-4 hours it is ready to eat and is very tender. (11/08/2004)

By Valerie

I totally agree with you.I set the table the night before too. But a big thing I do that probably doesn't sound like much - I get to get by 10:00pm the night before. I get a good night's rest, eat a decent breakfast and get cracking!

Then, around 1/2 hour to 45 mins before guests arrive, I am all showered, painted and sit and have a little glass of white wine, just to take the edge off.

Happy Thanksgiving! Smoochie

Holidays and Parties Thanksgiving PlanningNovember 19, 2006
Green Valentine's Day Ideas, heart shaped leaf
Being Single on Valentine's Day
A mother showing her son how to crack an egg.
Teaching Kids to Cook
Green Valentine's Day Ideas
A bunch of cherries still on the tree.
Using Up Your Cherry Harvest